Melinda's Hen Party Cupcake
There is nothing special about these fairy cakes. I mean the reason I made them is to soak up alcohol at my friend's party and by fulfilling that they ended their lives' in the stomach of tipsy ladies, preventing next day's hangover (or I hope so). The sponge is quite heavy. I would make it with less butter if it was for me:)
All is to be added, that it is very easy to make and quick too. So hope that this recipe is going to end among your bookmarks for any time occasions.
For the sponge:
225g flour (or self-raising flour is better)
1/2 pack of baking powder*
pinch of salt
for the frosting
30g cocoa powder
25g coconut milk powder (or desiccated coconut)
150g icing sugar
1-2 tbs milk
1. Turn on the over to 180°C and lin a 12-hole muffin cake tine (or if you have then fairy cake tin, which is smaller than the muffin one).
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar, if you like add some vanilla too and a pinch of salt. Add the butter, which has been warmed but not melted in the microwave previously. Fold in the flour and distribute the mixture in the tin.
3. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden on the top, then let them cool down before frosting
4. For the frosting beat the butter, which is on room temperature. Sieve in half of the icing sugar and beat carefully. Add the rest of the icing sugar, then the cocoa and the coconut. If too dry add a splash of milk. Put the frosting in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before using it.
5. Spread the frosting on the cakes and decorate with chocolate hearts, or marshmallow according to your taste.
*if you use self-raising flour then no need for baking powder. You can make your own self-raising flour by mixing 250g flour with 1/2 tbs baking powder.