08 May, 2011

savoury biscuits for Easter (late post)

I do not like making much fuss about Easter. Don't know why. Maybe because I do not like the feast itself? Or just I am getting lazier? Who knows. But as long as the Queen of England does not send me a note that she would like to celebrate the Easter feast with us I will not make any efforts about this family holiday at all in the future either.
Of course, I was trying to make my Easter breakfast with ham, horseradish and eggs but otherwise the menu was quite simple.
This little biscuit that I will show you was on the menu as well (just to have something to nibble on, you know:) but since it is so easy to make it will be part of our everyday top 50 favourite and I will not wait till next Easter to make it.
The recipe was found here
My version is almost the same with a slight change in the recipe and in the ingredients.
the "Easter" biscuits, maybe the Queen would like them as well

Cheddar and Parmesan biscuits with rosemary

120g yoghurt butter
80g plain flour
80g low-carb flour
50g grated light cheddar (I used Cathedral light but you can pick your favourite)
50g grated Parmesan
one teaspoon of salt, grated black pepper
one egg
a splash of milk
2 tsp of dried rosemary (not the powdered one please)
pinch of baking powder

The method is almost the same as making shortcrust pastry that I have already written about in my previous post. Just to sum: you take your food processor, make "beach sand" out of the cold cubed butter, the flours and the baking powder. Add salt, pepper, rosemary and the cheese. One or two blitz and then add the egg and the splash of milk. Once it starts forming a dough you are ready.
Put the dough on  clingfilm and shape a big sausage out of the pastry then chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Heat the oven 180° Celsius and cut biscuits out of your sausage. Bake in the over for about 15-20 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven and the size of the portion that you put in once.
Consume with wine, cider or beer (or just on its own) but be careful, since it is addictive :)
some naughty boy wanted to taste it before shooting...

1 comment:

Phil Moore said...

These cookies were top banana!!